What's with this ????

I have been for the past 4 days getting clumps of snot like discharge. Is it my mucus plug??? I get it everyday again like I said for the past 4 days and I keep wiping and it keeps coming, after I feel crampy. Then not again for the rest of the day. I was in the hospital with preterm contractions. I am prolly about 32 weeks along, and this is my 3rd baby. They did tell me that in the next month I could have him.I did not think it was appropriate to take a pic of it, plus if I would try, prolly would not get a clear enough pic of it. I was tested several times for infection, and all tests came up I don't have one.Does this sound like my mucus plug? If it is, how long does it take for all of it to come out? I don't remember it taking this long last time, but again last time I was 38 weeks pregnant when it came out.
Nurses, Docs...... ESPECIALLY respond. Thanks. Oh, btw, I have a doc appt tomorrow, So unless I am going to hav

soontobemommyof

Asked by soontobemommyof at 5:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it is the texture of snot then it is your mucous plug. It can take a while to come out and come out in pieces. I would mention it to your doc, but he will probably tell you the same thing.
    Congratulations on your LO :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Its like white, then the next time I wiped it was clear, then the next time white, then the next time clear. kinda in a pattern like that. No blood with it tho.
    soontobemommyof

Answer by soontobemommyof at 6:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Just wanted to add, that mucus plugs can even grow back if they begin to come out too early. With your ptl issues I'd make a point of mentioning it to the dr.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It does sound like your mucus plug, i would say if you not having any contractions, or any other pain or blood, then just wait and metion it to your doctor tomorrow
    whatthefawna

Answer by whatthefawna at 6:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I am seriously starting to feel weird. I feel like I am going to throw up, and my back hurts and cramps that make my back hurt. It feels really hot all of a sudden. I am serious.
    soontobemommyof

Answer by soontobemommyof at 6:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I have had that exact same problem on at about 28 weeks. Go to the hospital and get put on the monitor. They can take measures to stop the labor.....good luck and I am serious too. Let me know how it turns out.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It sounds very much like your plug to me. I lost mine in bits and pieces over the course of about a week prior to going into labor. I had my daughter in my 40th week though. I'd let your doctor know what's up and just keep track of what's going on with your body. If you start to have contractions try walking, taking a shower, napping, eating, and drinking water. No particular order, though if you've been inactive try a walk and if you've been active try napping. Take your time and don't stress out. If your contractions persist after going through the list, you're probably in labor. Since it's so early, I'd go in to be safe if you start contracting and those things don't help them to go away.
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 12:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010