How much should I pay her?

We're going to hire a nanny for the summer and I am on maternity leave right now so I'm going to be there too. My daughters are 5 and 3 months. Her job is going to be really simple, she won't have to cook, help clean the house or anything like that. Just help with the kids. Like taking the 5yo to the park, playing with her, besically keeping her busy while I'm feeding/changing/bathing the baby. How much should I pay / hour?

pipermomofash

Asked by pipermomofash at 6:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• It depends what part of the country you are in and are you in a rural area or city. A good place to get ideas of what people are charging is sittercity.com and care.com. It can range from $5./hr to $20./hr Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Ask her.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would see what her expectations are that way you know you are not offering too much or too little....and if she wants more than you think should be paid shop around. Good luck!
    Jaydensmommy829

Answer by Jaydensmommy829 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It depends, nannies get paid more. I would say $12-$15.
    An at home daycare is more like $5 per kid but then deduct some becasue you have two so for both I would say $7-$8 hr.

Where do u live, what state! My sis is a nanny and just lost her position due to parents losing theirs.

Shoot me a message!

Moriah
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 11:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2010