Normal?

My second son is teething, working on four molars at once. Today I looked in his mouth and it's all discolored where one of the molars are working at coming through, it looks bruised. Is bruising like this normal? My older son never had this when teething.

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 6:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Some blood and bruising during teething is common in most infants and babies.
    Teething can be gruesome for new parents. It's normal when cutting a tooth for babies to have bruises on the gums, and before a tooth pokes through the gum, there may be a sudden gush of blood that will scare the heck out of you if you aren't prepared for it. Not all babies bleed from the mouth when teething, but in some cases, a pocket of blood in the gum just above the tooth ruptures. Wipe out her mouth, feel around for the tooth bud, and make sure the blood is indeed coming from the gums. In normal teething, the child won't act like anything is wrong, because the eruption isn't any more painful than usual. It just looks scary to parents!

I found this:
    http://www.parenttime.com/babyarticles/teethingproblems.html
    pnkrcklvr

Answer by pnkrcklvr at 7:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Thank you, I figured it was a variation of normal but was curious if anyone had any experience with it =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010