what do you do when you always turn to eating as comfort?

JoLanDa_88

Asked by JoLanDa_88 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Change what you eat! Get rid of the snacks and sweets in your house. Only keep things like grapes, carrots, bananas, etc. Did you know that simply by eating celery you burn calories? Yup, your body actually burns calories digesting the celery.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I started to find out why I was eating or asking myself if that was going to be worth it. I also started to keep a food journal and in the end it was harder to ignore that I was eating for comfort. So now I drink water and write when I feel upset or confront the problem head on.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Change your lifestyle. Find other things that comfort you when you need to be comforted. Like music, reading, excersising, etc. Anything that helps you relieve that stress or emotion in a healthy manner. You are aware of your issue, so the next step is to take action. You can do this if you want to do this. Don't make excuses, don't procrastinate, take action now. The sooner you put a lifestyle change into effect, the sooner you'll be living a happier life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• This is something I'm working on. I've become more aware of why I'm eating, and that has really helped me. Usually if I don't allow myself to just automatically reach for food, and I stop and think about whether I'm really hungry I can keep from eating, but if I'm having a tough time, I'll go paint my fingernails, it's hard to eat while you're waiting for your nails to dry, and usually by the time they're dry......I'm over it!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I know this sounds silly, but Dr Phil has had shows like this. Maybe you can research past episodes on his websites and start doing some thinking. Usually, there is an underlying problem. You have the control mama, not the food. Stay empowered! GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2010