Life Vest recommendations

My son will be 2 at the end of September, and we're wanting to get him a US Coast Guard-approved life vest or floatation device for the beach & pool. The kid has no fear of the water! Any suggestions?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 8:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we got our 2 yr old one at wal mart for 10dollars..it has 5 seperate floaties inside the vest fron and back that u can remove one by one when ur little one learns to swimm... it is realy neat..the only one i have found that my daughter doesnt bob forward or backwords in ..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• check out west marine, they are are a boating website/magazine and definitely make coast guard approved safety vests.

I also think toy's r-us has them or most sporting good stores (like dicks) however you can check online as well.

They will have a coast guard approved marker on it along with the sizes based on weight.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yep! The 1 at walmart works fine. I have a 20 month old. He just started going to the pool with his daddy. He loves it and sometimes wears it in the house. He hasnt actually started swimming with it but, he likes to jump in the pool. It fits him perfectly, also.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010