step daughter out of control

so here is the background:
my step daughter Kandice is 7 years old and shes really sassy and smart mouth ok so my husband has recently went to jail but before he went he promised her that he would pay for her to do all star cheerleading with my daughters since he promised and shes been calling me about it i just decided that i will pay for her now this is not cheap its 680 dollars for season so yesterday that had practice and she told me on the way there that shes just USING me for my money 9not the first time shes said it) at this point im just thinking about getting my money back but i said whatever i let her goto the practice and after that she asked me to buy her a hot dog from the consession stand i told her No!!because that wouldnt feel her up and we were going to mc donalds afterward the whole ride there she has her arms crossed and she had an attuide she tells me she doesnt want mc donalds and shes go(cont down there)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• you will probably get more answers for this question if you put it in General Parenting.
    the CafeMom category is for questions about CM
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OMG what a brat. I am sorry
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 8:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• First,,outs who cares where she puts it,,,anyway. Has she always acted like this, or has she just started acting like this since dad went to jail? She is probably very upset and scared that her daddy is in jail. She is looking for someone to take her anger out on. You win that prize! You didnt say what your dh went to jail for and for how long. He made the promise before he went to jail, not you. You are not in a position right now with him in jail to be shelling out for expenses like this right now. He cant help you at all with anything from a jail cell. Get the money back, leave it up to her right now if she wants to come over, and take control back of your household. You have enough going on right now hon
    Anonymous

• she tells me she gonna tell her mother that i didnt feed her,then after she eventually ate the mc donals she got mad that i didnt let them stay and play i told her that i was taking them home to get washed so that we can go to my neices party she was still mad she opened her drink and just spilled it all over my backseat then she left her trash in my car,when we got to the party she was sitting alone i asked her why wasnt she playing with anyone she said nobody wanted to play with her(i dont blame them)i said go make some friends she said no,can you take me home i said well im not gonna leave the party so i can take u home so if u want to tell r mom to come get u well she called hermom and her mom was out of town for thee weekend so she was stuck with me she cried and wined the whole time when we got home i was in my room and she called telling her mom on thePhone that i didnt feed her aND That i was meen to her(what do ido?
    Anonymous

• I only care where she puts it because, like i said, she is likely to get more replies if she posts it in the right spot. That's all. i just wanted her to get the answer she's looking for. Is that a crime?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You refuse to watch her any more. It's her dad's job and if dad is not around right now then tough. If she can't treat you with respect then you are not in any way obligated to tolerate her behavior.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• outs I just meant that the title of her post says it all. No crime. Im with outs,,,she is too much right now.
    Anonymous

• sounds like you're doing fine. treat her no different than you would one of your children pulling that crap - sounds like for the most part that's what you're doing... she's testing you. this is actually a good thing. children only do that with people that they feel secure enough with whom they know won't hurt or abandon them. she's probably disturbed by the current circumstances and doesn't know how to express herself. she's a bit young to even fully understand everything she's saying i think. if you want to be a parent figure in this child's life (i.e. if you plan on staying married to the dad) try to remember she's a little girl in a bad situation. again, though, it really sounds like you are doing just fine. don't let her get away with stuff - remind her to clean up her trash before she goes home next time. it's not fun but it'll be okay.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2010