Teeth coming in diagonal like - is that normal?

Over the last couple months, my daughter has lost three teeth – both of the front bottom ones, and her top left one (today).

Her two bottom teeth are now growing in, but they are coming in at an angle. She isn’t due to see her dentist until August or September, but I’m a little worried about them. Some family members tell me not to worry about it and just wait till it’s time for her to see the dentist and then mention it to him then. She’s 7 years old (well, come the 27th she’ll be 7) and I don’t want her to have cricket teeth (especially since these are her permanent teeth that are coming in).

Have anyone experienced this? What would you do/have you done? Suggestions?

lvns2my1

Asked by lvns2my1 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son's did this too. I'm happy to announce with numbers 1 and 3 lower bicuspids coming in,the middle 2 are perfectly straight. her jaw is just too tiny so far for the larger adult teeth. Her jaw will grow,and the teeth will have room to spread out.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It means nothing except that if they stay that way she will probably need braces to help. My front teeth came in like a "V" point out of my mouth. I had braces from fifth grade to seventh and now my teeth are perfectly straight. No big deal!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• if you need to see her dentist before its time,then call your dentist and explain her problem,and if they till you they dont have any opening,then you need a second opinin and maybe a 3rd one.my parents never took me to a dendist then i was growing up.now my teenth are crooked in top and bottom.dont wait tell its to late.for many of us is not a big thing,but to me it is now.they will thank you when they grow up,and remember something like that.and you will fill better about yourself too.especially a girl, looks worst then a boy,because of her smile and her looks.thats why i dont smile much in my life,im embarres of my teeth now.you allways do what you can for your kids,even if other people tell you differant. and she wil need brasses or veneers.hope i help out a little, and made your decition a easy to make.thanks for giving a little of your time. take care!
    iforgotit

Answer by iforgotit at 12:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010