How many of you have had stockers or hate mail from the Answers section?

Apparently those who are going to now be in charge feel this issue doesn't exist... So how many?

I tend to get at least one piece of hate mail a week or so, and though the time the answers section has been here (I've been here longer) I've had 5 or 6 stockers... I still refuse to hide behind the Anon but not using it doesn't mean I'm okay with the abuse...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have heard others complain about this as well.
    However, it has not happened to me. which is surprising because i have many reasons for people not to like me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Wow, I cant believe you get hate mail. Who takes that much time out of their day to send hate mail? Are you really mean or something? lol I wouldnt want to get hate mail, guess thats why Im anon but I dont bash either. We will see what happens next week. I guess someone in the commitee is going to be reading every single post.
    Anonymous

• I have had it happen three times by different people. I mean really hateful stuff.
    And then last week some one messaged me to tell me I was wrong about something I had answered to a question. Turns out she can't read because what she messaged me to tell me, was the point I was arguing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• report them. their opinions should be limited to the public arena of the answer boards. the only people that have contacted me from answers did so in curiosity, need, or kindness. don't put up with that juvenile intrusive crap.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I never say who I am, because of this reason. You do not know who you are talking to. I do anon. for safety reasons. I have heard of people like you getting hate mail ect.
    Anonymous

• Stalkers?

I had one. Only one. She was a tad upset, because I called her out on her treatment of her pitbulls. But, she ended up blocking ME in the end of our "dispute".

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, right?

Haha.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• honestly, I've only ONCE ever gotten a hateful e-mail, after which I blocked the user. It wasn't a big deal. I'm not a girl to let issues slide either, I debate A LOT, so I know there are people I've probably ticked off, but like I said, it honestly was never really an issue for me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I did in the politics section by one of the more infamous posters. I canceled that account, got a new one, and always post anon in there. I did not even write anything offensive. I just disagreed with that person.
    Anonymous

• It is weird that you get it so often. I've been on Cafemom for about a year and a half and only acquired one nut job along the way.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• If you are getting a lot, i would just report them and block the user.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2010