i would just like to say

i can not believe i read that some moms are not giving their babies solids untill 10 months?!?! omg! give me a break your kid is hungry!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• and doctors dont know about nutrition! sheesh!! r u a doc?!
    Anonymous

• Wow really my kid is 8 months and i have tried so many times to give her food but she will not eat it.. it's not always the moms fault... think about that,, the doctor said she doesn't HAVE to eat food
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• If they are on WIC (if WIC is still the same as it was 12 years ago), their guidelines won't let them put their baby on solids yet. That's why I got off of WIC.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It's their choice I guess. I gave mine "solids" at 5 months old. (she start cereal at 4 months, but wasn't a fan, so it was about 5 months we really started). By 10 months old she was eatting cut up or mushed table food, minus the meats. By 12 months old she was on regular food. However her teeth came in early as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• solids are for practice only, not nutrition for BF babies at least
    so a doc doesnt see it necessary for many reasons
    1. if your child is under average weight and you are still BF
    2.If you BF
    3. If your child is rejecting it
    4.If your child is having pain from the difference in foods
    Anonymous

• It's actually pretty normal, and healthy, for women to EXCLUSIVELY breastfeed (as in no baby food or anything but milk) until nearly a year old.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• WIC starts giving checks for baby food at 6 months now. Personally, I believe each baby is ready at different times, but my daughter is 5 and a half months old and gets baby oatmeal, along with some fruits and veggies twice a day. she started with cereal at 4 months, wasn't ready so we stopped after a few tries and restarted at 5 months. she now loves her food :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• ummm...actually they only need formula/breast milk for first yr, my daughter didn't eat solids till about 10-11 months, she wanted nothing to do with them, rejected them, and no offense when did you become a dr that knew what was right or wrong? why don't you raise your child and do what is best for him/her and let others raise theirs as them and there dr.'s see fit
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I think every baby's situation is different and moms might have their own reasons for doing so. My son did not eat any baby food, he didn't want it, anything we tried he threw it up, we talked to his ped and at 5 1/2 months we transitioned to table food and he's been eating it ever since so I think it depend on baby and family situation.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• For MOST babies, hunger cues are filled by nursing. Even if bottle-feeding formula, until right at around a year old, (and again every baby is different) solids do not fill hunger.
    alotta_fagina

Answer by alotta_fagina at 10:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2010