i'm sick of being single, (been single for 7 years!!) so i decided to try eharmony...

lots of people have reccommended it to me, i've always been skeptical of, but i finally decided to give it a try..i filled out the questions and the response they gave me was that they could not find any matches for me!!! what the hell, i guess i really am meant to be single! everything i am, everything i want, everything i value in life, men dont want in a woman. i know its not the end of the world, and hopefully one day i do find someone...but..i dunno, kinda makes me feel like shit, when thats supposed to be like one of the biggest online dating services thingys, and theres not even one match for me! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh hon, geez. Dont they have to give it time or something. There has got to be a match for you in there. These guys will say anything to sound like prince charming. There are other dating services out there on-line, not that Im endorsing them, but maybe a typo happened and you said you had three noses and no head. lol
    Anonymous

• EHarmony is a bit of a joke.

Try plentyoffish.com. It's a free site. I have talked to a few guys on there, although am not currently ready for a serious relationship yet so haven't met anyone.

Good luck :) Don't let a lame site tell you're not worthwhile.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I met my husband online. After talking for four months online he asked where I worked at. I told him See's candy. When I was at work he walked in and asked me out on a date.
    It was a surprise for me.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Mommy that is so romantic,,,I love that story.
    Anonymous

• My dd's MIL told me the same story. She's smart and been a caring nurse for 30 yrs. She's got money and nice but eharmony told her the same thing! When she told me she was hurt but all I could do was laugh my ass off. I had to explain to her that if she had no matches there then omg, I could never find anyone there! She's got a lot going for her whereas I don't! Don't take it personally. You probably told the truth in all your answers and the guys probably lied about themselves and asked "Santa" for their fantasy woman not a realistic woman. I think eharmony is a joke. Be glad you didn't get matched up with some guy from there. Not to mention, eharmony wants your money. Go to the free sites. I met my SO on Yahoo Personals.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• lol luckily the site is selective. one of my friends tried plenty of fish and ended up with alot of people who wanted sex/naked pictures. just because it is not finding you a match doesn't mean you can't look around. i haven't personally used the site but read a book by the guy who started it - if i were going to do online dating it would be the only site i'd use. give it time :-)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• They don't come up with matches right away. They actually take time and get good matches. Keep checking your mail and you'll have a bunch soon.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I met my husband on match.com. Before I met him I dated 3 other guys from match Although they were not the one they were nice and I enjoyed dating them.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I find it hard to believe you aren't exaggerating or downright making that up. Websites like eHarmony want to make MONEY and they will tell ANYONE that there is a potential match out there even if you are a hideous ogre. They'll keep you coming back month after month taking your money. Now if you are gay or married, they will tell you no match - but those are the ONLY two reasons. Now quit feeling so sorry for yourself.
    Anonymous

• Or if you live in PoDunk Iowa and there are 3 single guys and they are all over 70. Maybe then you might find it hard to get a match.
    Anonymous