My daughter turned 3 about 3 weeks ago. Around that time she began the INCREDIBLY annoying practice of screaming, whining, and melting down about everything. For example, she is in the backseat of our car and my window is open, therefore the wind is on her face and she loses it. I am at the end of my rope! help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• omg me too, i have no idea what to do. and my son is refusing to listen to me, i just want to pull my hair out sometimes.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• sounds like my dd she turn 3 in march. she has alot of meltdowns. like if i flush the toilet after hse goes potty she melts down or if daddy tells her to turn her tv off and i do it for her she melts dow, she is very independent, so i i try to help she goes ballistic.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• "Whoever called it the terrible twos never had a three year old." A 3yo is worse than a 2yo, typically. It's a phase. But then at 4 it'll be something else, and at 5, 6, 7, 8...
    Anonymous

• roll up your window
    Anonymous

• "roll up your window"

Yes because that is the best way of handling the situation just give the kid whatever they want so they will quiet....GREAT ADVICE!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i know what you mean! my dd has always had this ear piercing scream! mine is two now, and i have never done this with my other kids, but i do give in to her just to stop the screaming! i know it is wrong, and i will have to change how i deal with that horrible sound. when we are at home i will start taking her to her room. i have done this several times and she will stay there until she is ready to cope. i also need to tell her to use her words to tell me what she needs. i hope we get through this soon!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• you may want to have her looked at for sensory intergration. If her reaction to things seems way out of proportion to her stimuli, good or bad, then she may be having a hard time processing the information her body is recieving, i.e. wind in the face, wet hands, change of plans.
    Fionalovesme

Answer by Fionalovesme at 11:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2010