Facebook users - Do you ever get "dreaded friend invites"?

Those are the invites you DON'T want to say "yes" to! I have gotten them and cringe. LOL! Aside from getting them from people I have never heard of in my life, I hate getting them from most school kids. I didn't have anything "on them" but they decided not to speak to me when I decided to go to our local vocational school. They didn't either. Only ONE person spoke to me during our junior & senior years, all graduation practices and the actual graduation. Now I kinda go "Hmmmm... why do you want to be "friends"? I figure they're being nosy so they can see what my kids look like and what not. No worries though... I have my privacy settings set so they can't see anything that "matters". I guess I kinda hoped they'd changed but so far NOPE. They still don't talk unless I say something first and mostly still not then. *rolls eyes*

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 9:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I accept them for extra bodies for my games on there. I don't share much anyway.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• This is going to sound horrible, but I just got one of these from a cousin. She is completely different from me and I just can not stand her. I added her or else it would cause a rift in the family, but I think I am going to block her status updates, because every time I see her name I cringe.
    Damn... I am mean!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I just ignore them. I won't add people just to add them or to increase the number of friends I have. And I have accepted friends in the past that I've later un-friended.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I am friends with a few girls that did not talk to me. We really don't have too much in common excpet for the fact we're all moms. But I am glad I gave them a chance.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes from my dad...he is really..."Christian" and my facebook is not always. Added him, anyway lol. I ignore my old classmates who I never said a word to.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Now that I think of it, there are those people who I don't know. But I just ignore them. The people who went to my school I do give a chance though.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OMG!! Yes my inlaws who I don't get along with friend invited me!! This just happened last week and I've not done anything with it pretending it didn't happen.. LOL! I so don't want them on my FB as I vent about them there and talk about TTC which they don't know we are doing again.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous :49 you can always make a "list". I have one for my status. Then any time I post something that I absolutely don't want them to see I just click the little lock and set it so they can't. The only problem for you would be your past statuses. Unless it was a glitch I was going through, you can't change those once they're posted. (Hopefully that was a glitch. Hee hee!)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes...my mother in law is now my friend on there. She thinks I am a saint and never use curse words, get cranky, or drink alcohol even on special occasions. NOw, I'm not an alcoholic and I don't swear like a sailor...but it's uber annoying to have to watch every darn thing I say on there now...but if I had ignored her she would have cried and called everyone in the family to tell him how I'm angry with her, don't like her, was mean to her, or something...and then everyone would have called me to find out what was really up. She's a major drama queen. *sigh*
    Anonymous

LOL ditto!! i had this one inlaw that invited me on her 2 facebooks she had me create for her, i didnt accept them right away..but i learned she never logged in to her facebooks at all cause she wasnt interested in them so i just hit "ignore". A couple days ago she created one and didnt even bother accepting me but she will most likely let this one go too haha.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2010