would you?

ok so my MIL is quite nutty. for real! i dont allow her to watch my children because of the things i have witnessed that have made me uncomfortable and not trust her with them. she constantly bi***'s to mu hubby about it, and sometimes it causes fights between us. ex: she gave my 6 month old a sm piece of plastic from a straw right in front of me, just because the baby wanted it, she gave my 2 year old a bag of jolly ranchers (after i had stopped her twice from giving them to her), and told her to hide them in her play kitchen so she could eat them when she wanted, gave my 2 year old nuts when she went there w my hubby after i had told her i am not giving her nuts yet the last two times we went there, she was telling my 6 day old baby, "cry! cry! i want to hear you cry! come on! come on! yea yea!" and that same day she took my 2 yr out side in front of the house and she took off down the street, and yelled for my hubby cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• cont.. as she stood there and by the time my husband heard her she was all the way down the street. i was so pissed, and asked her why she didnt run after her, she said " well at least she was on the sidewalk and if i had a bra on, i would have ran after her" WTF!! so do you agree i shouldn't let her alone w my kids? i used to say when my oldest was three, but now that she is allmost three, i still cant.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let anyone I don't trust around my kids. Especially when they go against my wishes for my kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• No I wouldn't either.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't either. In fact I don't allow my son around my own mother for similar reasons.

stay firm and good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• she's a fucking nut. i'd rather have her complain (which she might just do about something else anyway) than have to worry about my kids choking or running off. let your hubby handle her - hopefully he agrees with you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Screw her. She doesn't care about you say and doesn't prioritize your children's safety. You have every reason not to let her even be around your kids. Don't be afraid to tell her either.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I dont care if it caused divorce. If my MIL was unfit to watch my children- she wouldnt be watching them. If my husband couldnt understand that then maybe he needs to be supervised while with the kids!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2010