Could my headaches be tied to my daughter breastfeeding less?

I'm pretty much down to just nursing my 12 month old before bed and first thing in the morning...this has been going on for the last few weeks and also during the last few weeks I've been getting these awful headaches. I am not someone who gets headaches very often so having them very often over the last few weeks is upsetting me - anyone else experience this? thanks!!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't go through that. But maybe your hormones are regulating...Did you ask in the breastfeeding moms group too, they might be able to offer some advice...
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Yes.

I get migraines...been diagnosed by a neurologist. I don't have any at all when I'm pregnant or breastfeeding, but get 1 a week and headaches daily when not breastfeeding or pregnant. The pregnancy and breastfeeding hormones help to suppress migraines.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2010