do u think i should buy the moby wrap if my 3 month old does not like to be held facing in? i just would really like to hold her and be near her w/ arms free for my other lil one

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go to www.hugamonkey.com they have great slings for really cheap. they are like wraps. i got one for my ds and i love it! i can carry him several different ways in it!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My experience is that even babies who "hate" facing inwards don't mind doing so in a moby-style wrap.
    Moby does have a bit of a learning curve for you though. The nice thing about the wrap is that as baby gets bigger and stronger, there are a number of different ways to carry baby, including on your hip, turning the wrap more into a sling.
    Here's what I'd do: Got to a fabric store and buy a piece of jersey knit fabric that is three yards long and at least 40 inches wide. Cut it in half the long way. Stitch two of the short ends together (zig zag setting on a sewing machine is best but you can hand stitch if you go over the seam at least two or three times). Then go to moby.com and follow the instructions for wrapping and using. You'll spend A LOT less money doing it this way and if your baby likes it, you can pay for a "real" moby for the neat prints they sell.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2010