Any ideas on how to keep a long distance relationship going??

Dated for nine months before I moved. Have a good relationship. I talk to him on the phone 30 minutes 1 or 2 nights a week. never been in a LD relationship before. I really am desperate for advice, suggestions or support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• it takes ALOT of patience. i was with my ex for 6 years an 4 1/2 of those years were long distance :( its really hard but you sorta get used to it after a while.. well not totally but ya... just enjoy the times you do talk an get to see each other.

make sure you guys just talk alot an maybe skype!? or web cam! it makes up for not being next to each other but seeing is just as good :) i loved web camming!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My 19 yr old is involved with a guy 5 states away. They SKYPE constantly! they have their cell phones on speaker and leave them out so they can move about, talk and just share time that way..they also have a journal they write in and send it back and forth. he sends her out to him and he comes out to her. They also do alot of facebooking
    one thing you need to keep in mind though is when you and him visit...you time together is a blast because you never see eachother! but you do not really know him unless you keep your eyes open and get to know his family and friends as well as him. when you get skype get his friends and family on it to or facebook friends list get them on that. if he has a fuss about it then he is hiding something
    go to skype.com and get signed up it is free
    Anonymous

• Lol, you sound like you're me. I've had a guy for nine months and have a LD relationship. Totally sucks and I have no clue. GL!!!!
    Anonymous

• takes a lot of patients commitment and trust...personally i dont think i cld do it but i had to do it for 2 1/2 months cuz he was locked up and he said it was hard cuz i was prego with our first baby and he was scared i wld do something with someone else and leave him but i faithfully waited and it was hard im not gonna lie but if u really want it to work it can happen....try to write each other letters and if u each have a computer and web cam see each other like that when u cant see eachother in person for a few days at a time or talk on the phone....take pics and send em to each other if its that far away from eachother.....good luck!hope it works out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2010