Why do people Freak out when you tell them you are not finding out the sex of your LO??

The reason why I ask this is because I have had a few people already get mad or call me dumb for not finding out the sex.. I think they are being ridiculous for the being mad at me for not finding out the sex of MY CHILD.. I have told these people to chill out and also told them this is my child not theirs.. I try not to get mad about it because Iam happy with the decision My DH and I made and I know that getting mad about it doesnt make me any better for them being ridiculous.. I also wanted to ask has this happen to anyone else that has told people their are not finding out the sex of their child until he or she is born??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think there are two types of pregnant women: the ones that have to plan perfectly and must know, and the ones that can really look forward and enjoy being surprised.

I, myself am a planner and absolutely had to know. I do however, totally admire some one who can relax and enjoy the simple pleasure of the surprise. It is like a light at the end of the birthing tunnel.

I think it is just hard for the "must know" types to understand the "surprise" types because they cannot immagine being that way themselves. Do not take it personal. Some people just have a hard time dealing with what they do not understand.
    pnkrcklvr

Answer by pnkrcklvr at 10:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• HAHa i know what you mean! we arent finding out either and people think thats completly insane!
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• It makes me mad when people dont find out bc Im nosey! lol. ;) But as for the inconvenience part of baby showers & room decorating- that is their problem.. :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• My DH and I were to curious to wait. We had planed on waiting to find out the sex until i got pregnant and then we couldn't wait to find out! LOL! I guess people get upset because they are curious about the sex of your baby and can't wait to find out. I wish you all the best :)
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 10:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I dont really care either way. i did find out the sex of my baby, but I believe its everyone's personal choice. I think its pretty ridiculous that people would get all in a tizzy over someone else's personal choice.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I think it's more of a "surprise" to those who hear that you aren't finding out, since so many do these days. IMO, it's no one's biz but UR own. It's a surprise whether you find out at 18 wks or 40 wks. :) The heck with what everyone else says. haha
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• This is as old as time itself, well maybe not, but my dd is 17 and my son is 15 and I didnt know with either of them. I didnt have ultra sounds with either, so it wasnt an option back then. But at my showers,,omg,,,so many complaints b/c they bought lime green stuff and yellow stuff. The single most exciting moment in my life thus far, was giving birth and the doctor telling me the sex of the baby. NOTHING has compared to that moment!
    Anonymous