Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do with an angry 11 yr old boy?

My son has been angry a lot lately and constantly picking at his brothers, rolling eyes, and when I try to talk to him he refuses. This isn't the first. We've been dealing with this since he was 5 and Dad left for Iraq for 2 yrs. He is better, but still goes through these really angry and shut down phases. FRUSTRATING

Answer Question

Asked by myleahsmom at 10:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • maybe you should get him some counseling or therapy so he can talk to someone about how hes feeling. sometimes it easier to talk to someone else, other then your parents and family and that person can help him to understand how to deal with his anger.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

  • I don't know. My son just turned 12 and he ask like he is mad at the world. I talk to him, he gets mad, i tell him to do something , he gets mad and he always acts like hes frustrated. Maybe it's puberty, but it's very hurtful to feel like your child hates you. But since your son has been acting this way since 5, maybe it does have something to do with his dad leaving.He needs to talk it out.

    Answer by mrs2323 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Get some professional guidance from pediatrician, teacher, etc. Also, many good books out there.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Between his dad being over seas and most likely starting puberty.....I'd get him some help!!!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.