How can I get my 2 1/2 niece to take her medicine like Motrin, Advil, fever reducers?

She was ok taking it at first, now we are having a hard time. Don't know what to do.

4Maria

Asked by 4Maria at 10:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put it in her mouth and plug her nose she will have to swallow then meds are in
    Anonymous

• There are times where I practically have to hold my DD down to give her medicine. She will be 2 July 1st. It sucks and you feel horrible, but that is what it comes down to sometimes.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Maybe use one of those syringe-things from the pharmacy....the ones w/ NO needle...they're easier to get into the back of the mouth, so she'll swallow it.

Hope she feels better soon :(
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• When you squirt it in her mouth, do it all at once towards the back, near the gums. And do it quick. Then blow on her face. She will swallow by reflex. I had to give my 5 yr old meds 3 times a day for nearly 5 years until she went to pills. It is the easiest way.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• why are you giving her medication?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2010