I SMELL BAD DOWN THERE!!!! PLEASE NO RUDE ANSWERS, ONLY MATURE PEOPLE RESPOND, THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean i wash everyday in the shower, sometimes shower twice. i always use soap. i dont douche or anything like that. but my hubby tells me when we are making love that i smell. i dont know what it could be. i dont have a infection or STD or anything, but i dont know why i smell. Im not over weight or anything, i have gained a little weight, but its ok. On my dads side all the women are overweight. i dont have insurance right now so i can not go to a GYN and i dont think they will do anything at the ER. I just dont know why it is like that. I wash after sex all the time. I am going to get some summers eve wash, maybe that can help me. Can someone please give me some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You said that you didnt think you had a infection right? Well it sounds to me like you either have a bacterial infection OR maybe some other type of infection. I would try to get into a clinic, like a goverment clinic ya know? they can maybe check you out and see what it is. Usually when I had a odor it was because of that. Good luck
    amandasthird

Answer by amandasthird at 9:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• Do you have a Planned Parenthood in your area? You said you don't have insurance, but PP is not just for teenagers, plenty of adults go there for free or very low cost women's health stuff.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• YEAH I HAD A BACTERIA INFECTION RECENTLY AND IT GAVE ME A SMELL SO THAT IS WHAT IT PROBABLY IS
    phatcakes25

Answer by phatcakes25 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• This may sound gross but you didn't leave a tampon in, did you? Just a thought. Since this question is in the Pregnancy category, I guess it's not likely unless you are not very far along. Please DO get to a doctor, hospital or clinic. It is not normal to smell that foul down there, and it must be an infection of some sort. Your body is definitely trying to tell you something, so listen up, and get checked out asap!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• No, i have had this for a while now (YEARS). I have been checked and checked for infections and STDs and nothing has came back abnormal. the doc at my las apt (years ago) told me that it is normal for women to have smells, but mine just dont seem normal. I mean even after i shower, about a hour or two later my hubby wants to have sex and hes like babe you have a odor. im not understanding bc i dont know what it is and i dont want him to leave me bc of it. we have only been married for 2 1/2 years. i did not smell like this when i was pregnant with my son. he is 4 now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• It's called bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis is an inflammation which occurs in the vagina. Your OBGYN can prescribe a cream for you that works quick! lol
    rnae

Answer by rnae at 10:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• First off DO NOT DOUCHE especially because you are pregnant! douching messes up the pH balance of your vagina and it an push unhealthy bacteria further up your vagina causing an infection. You are also more at risk for a yeast infection when you douche. I am a nurse and have seen nothing but trouble from douching.

I do like that summers eve wash that you are talking about, it really does work, just don't get the powders and sprays just for that pH balance reason.

I too am pregnant and it is common for us preggos to have a smellier vagina and more discharge. This makes it harder for us women to self diagnose if we have an infection or not. I agree with trying to find a planned parent hood and many communities have free or income based clinics. If you don't have a planned parenthood you can contact social services and they can direct you to free or income based clinics.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2008

• you should deff go to the doctor try signing up for medicad you can get it if you have no insurance and being preg you need to go to the doctor anyway . i got a little smell down there but not as bad as your sounding it to be i ended up having a yeast infection and that can cause a miscarriage so you need to get checked out RIGHT away
    rhettsmommy4eva

Answer by rhettsmommy4eva at 4:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2008

• O.K I have had that problem didn't know where it came from....but honestly you should douche at least twice a month. We don't get all up in there with regular washing,the vagina is like a cavity of course. We are mostly wiping on the outside. The odor comes from within.
    It is embaressing and we have to deal with it that it doesn't smell like roses. Goodluck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2008

• Yup you have an infection.No woman should ever have any kind of a smell.No you should not douche that just pushes up the bacteria it says on the box if you think you have an infection you should not be using a douche.Being overweight has nothing to do with it .Nope summers eve has nothing to do with it .Just go get checked by a doctor .If you don't have medical insurace go to a free clinic.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2008