Anyone doing a home birth or have done a home birth

The reason why I ask is because this is something Iam doing with my LO.. This baby is mine and my hubby's last baby, so we are going as we like to say all natural with this PG lol.. Not finding out the sex and doing a home birth lol.. So i wanted to see if any other mommys out there have done this?? I also would love to hear what you thought about it??

LillysMama0308

Asked by LillysMama0308 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I plan on doing it with my next child. LOL I can't wait. Not pregnant now, but, when I am.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Hell no! I'm thankful to be a part of the 21st century...
    Anonymous

• Lol ok well Iam happy that you are happy about it lol.. But Home birth is for me lol..
    LillysMama0308

Answer by LillysMama0308 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You have courage that q'll never have. I've always wanted to try natural birth but at the first sign of contracts i'm screaming for pain medicine. LOL! I wish you all the best :)
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 10:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I had my son at 19, in 7 hours, no pain meds....I figure, I could have done just fine at home then. So, as much as I know now, it ought to be a piece of cake.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I had a homebirth and am planning another after I get pregnant since we are just TTC now. Check out the natural pregnancy and birth group here on Cafemom.

I would never do a hospital birth again if I had the choice... had one with my oldest but no drugs or anything just nasty nurses.
    Anonymous

• Well-- I think a lot about it! :-D
    I have been to several but not done this personally. I think that they are MUCH nicer than the hospital (also not from personal experience, lol).

There is the obvious list of great reasons to choose this, but imo, the biggest is safety.
    It's an excellent location to have a happy-fun-blissful-joyous AND safe birth!

Best wishes!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I had our daughter (our first) at home last July and am planning our second homebirth with this new baby due in August. I labored for 30 hours with my daughter...all back labor. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep anything down and couldn't sleep, so I was extremely exhausted. I managed to get through it just fine though. I did all I could to conserve my energy and things went very smoothly the whole time. She was out in 4 pushes. I didn't tear or have any complications.

This time, we're keeping baby's gender a surprise, but I think it'll be a boy. I'm really looking forward to having this one at home. I'm also super curious to see how this birth differs from the last. Only time will tell. :)
    ACsLady

Answer by ACsLady at 12:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• 4 out of 5 of my children were born at home, even my twins!
    i find home births more peaceful, easier and cleaner. i trust my midwives far more than a lot of hospital staff that i have never met. one very nice thing about a home birth is that the family is together. my husband is right there, and the kids can come and go as they please. i can labor in any position i want to, or rather any position that my body wants to! i am not tied down with a fetal monitor. when all is said and done, i am in my own bed and there is room for my husband and kids too!
    my last birth was actually my most difficult. i had back labor, i guess it is called. in between contractions my back hurt really bad, just as bad as the contractions, so there was no relief. i tried laying down, sitting, being on all fours, the bathtub, squatting and standing. squatting and standing was the most comfortable, so that is how my daughter was born!
    i love home births
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

The thing is, if you do all your research and really see what the hospitals do to women, you'd be more afraid of birthing in a hospital. Its not about going without the meds, its about the overall experience. Pain is more of a mindset and there are many techniques that can be learned and used. If you want a natural birth in a hospital you have to be prepared for a fight. Despite all the evidence, hospitals continually do things that aren't conducive to labor. Eating & drinking during labor is a good thing, but often disallowed. Pushing on your back is the least effective position, yet the most popular. Coached pushing leads to tears. Pitocin isn't even FDA approved for use in pregnant women. The list goes on and on.

ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2010