Sex at 9 & 11... What do I do??

I just walked in on my son and his step sister (my step daughter) having sex... He's 11, she's 9. We just had the "sex talks" with them, and they said if sex was really that dangerous with random people, it would be safer together...

WHAT DO I DO??? These are my own kids...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• troll
    Anonymous

• WOW
    Anonymous

• OP Here - Anon, I am far from a troll, I simply need some advice but really would prefer that my friends and family on this site didn't know who I was, because I don't know if I should tell them... If you can't help, skip the question, I need real help though, not accusations...
    Anonymous

• Did you have the sex talk before or after this happened?

I would make sure you clearify the talk about sex. I don't think I would describe sex as dangerous to children.....I would tell them the risks but I would try to be as honest as possible. I would also try to make them understand that family are not to have sex together. I would try to make them understand that waiting as long as possible for sex is best.

However, at this point...I would definately keep them seperated. I would not allow them alone unsupervised for QUITE sometime. I would possibly/probably consider therapy for both children. I would be concerned that they did not learn this behavior elsewhere....

i wish I had more advice. I would definately do some investigating, consult a therapist and/or doctor as well.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• it may not be a troll i did some crazy things as a young child.....looking back on it i think wow i did that at that age...lol.....but as for your situation idk what i would do....sit them down and talk to them tell them they cant do that they are step bro and sis and they are too young...idk.....i just say wow
    Anonymous

• OP Here - We had the sex talk about a week ago or so. We went over all the mechanics of it and the risks, as well as safety precautions and birth control. I told them that if they ever had sex they could always be open and honest with us about it and that we don't feel it's a bad thing for teens to have sex but that we would prefer they waited... We didn't want them to be afraid of sex or want them to feel it was something to be ashamed of - but we didn't want this...
    Anonymous

• OP Again -

My DH and I have only been married for 6 months, so until then, they were just friends. The bro/sis thing is new for them... But I still find it really creepy!
    Anonymous

• did you have the talk about how its not ok for a son and step sister to ever have sex together? You made your talk sound like you where dealing with two kids who where dating. Um,,,time for a new talk
    Anonymous

• HOLLY SHIT !
    Anonymous

• ummmm. Chastity belt!!!!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2010