More interested in solids than nursing?

My alomost 6 month old gets a few tablespoons total of oatmeal cereal and a fruit or veggie once in the morning and once in the evening. The last 2 days she's been more interested in the food than nursing. Any suggestions? Besides omitting the solids. Or is nursing less common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A few TABLESPOONS? WOW! cut back a bit momma! Food before one is just for fun. if you don't give her quite so much, she'll nurse. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OP: that's a few tablespoons TOTAL over the course of 2 meals. is it still too much?
    Anonymous

• Nurse before solids. That way she can't fill up on solids first.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OP: and I do nurse first, she just isn't all that interested. she's distracted by the smallest things! argh!
    Anonymous

• if she's more interested in solids asks her doctor if it's ok to do a little less nursing and more solids. She maybe ready to stop nursing. If you're concerned about her not get enough nutrition from solids try giving her solid's after she nurses.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• OMG I'll love if my baby fills up more on solids than on me in a few months. I am sticking to the BF thing, but nursing every 2 hours sucks. lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010