due tomorrow and very few symptoms

My EDD is tomorrow and I haven't had anything significant happen to make me think labor is close. I had a membrane sweep last Tues and lost what seemed to be part of my p lug also I have had dull lower back pain for the last 24hrs anyone else had this symptom in early labor

jaxsonsmomtracy

Asked by jaxsonsmomtracy at 11:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your EDD is the middle date between 38 and 42 weeks. Stop letting them sweep your membranes. You won't get an overdue fine if the baby goes another 2 weeks. I had NO symptoms of pregnancy and NO symptom of labor until 2 days after my EDD. I had him that day, 7 hours after the first itty bitty back cramp. So, you may not have any symptoms. And, you maybe have 14 days to go. Just sit back and try to relax until time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I've never been in your shoes, however, my DH's cousin has. She had dull back pain for about 2 days, and turns out, she had been in labor. She had had back contractions, but out of her 3 pregnancies, that had been her first experience, and she didn't even think anything of it. She was close to her due date, I think... a few days off?
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• ok th sweeping? stop that, let it happen. But I also have to say that that dul lower back pain?....mama thats labor, call your ob and ask-dont mess around ok? good luck and happy labor!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I had back labor. That dull pain will turn into BIG pain if she is in fact in real ready to go labor. Unless it doesn't let up. Just continue to relax and wait.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I've also had some pelvic floor pain as well, nothing intolerable at all, just somethin I've never had before
    jaxsonsmomtracy

Answer by jaxsonsmomtracy at 11:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Birth is a process that probably lasts about a month or more, when
    you think of how the baby works his/her way into position, mom's body
    prepares with the uterus thickening at the top and thinning at the
    bottom and the cervix prepares itself to dilate for the final pushes in
    this process. It is such an amazing, divine plan and in this day and age
    so easily disturbed, possibly as never before. I think induction,
    possibly in any form, can disrupt this plan, interrupting the baby's
    process of positioning and getting ready to be born. As Carla Hartley
    says, "Birth is safe, interference is risky."

Jan Tritten,
    mother of Midwifery Today
    magazine

best wishes!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• This might be TMI but if you want labor to start you should have sex tonight. Apparently, the sperm softens the cervix. I did 2 days before my due date, really didn't enjoy a minute of it, and I went into labor 6 hours later!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Unfortunately, too many medical professionals make women think that their *due date* is really an expiration date. When baby's lungs reach maturity, they send out a hormone that triggers labor. Unless it is medically indicated, meaning baby would be better off outside of mom rather than inside (placental abruption, intrauerine growth restriction, pre-eclampsia), no induction methods should be taken. That includes everything from *natural* induction methods such as herbs, castor oil, accupressure/puncture, and nipple stimulation to medical inductons like membrane sweeping, pitocin, cytotec, cervadil, foley bulb, and membrane rupture. Until the lungs are mature, your body will reject all induction methods. This is why there are so many *failed* inductions that end in c-sections and babies in the NICU.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I actually appreciate the stripping of membranes! The military will not let us go more than 1 week over due! But your due date is always just an estimate it can go 2 weeks either way! And the membrane thing is not bad! Dont get down about that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010