gabladder attack

has any one had one duringt there pregnacy how did it feel and how did you get ride of the chest pain or cope with it when layinn down

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have, with my first.
    They started off slow, like cramping just under my boobs on both sides and would reach back to my spine. I didn't have them all the time, but eventually it got to the point where everytime I would take in fatty foods I would have horrible pain like I said before, but then it intensified to a stabbing in my spine. It was unbearable. Nothing helped, except for throwing up, and then it would fade off after a while. I would throw up because the pain was so intense.
    The last straw came when I was 6 weeks post pregnancy and I ate cold KFC out of the bottom of the bucket....talk about grease party.....I was in HORRID pain and it NEVER STOPPED. I hat to go to the ER, they drugged me up to the MAX I could legally have.....lol .....and sent me home. I was told to eat non fat non fat non fat!!!!! Had a sono, then had my surgery...it took about 1-2 weeks to recover after that from laproscopic surgery.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I coped with the pain just by concentrating on breathing. There's nothing you can do besides take tylenol, breath and hope it goes away :(
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• i had my first one when i was 20 weeks pregnant with my son, my back started to hurt real bad then about 10 min after that my chest kinda started hurting and it got worse, worse than labor was!i started dry heaving and i couldnt stop puking stomach bile. i was hunched over from about 8 pm to 4 am when finally i got my husband to drive me to the er. they did an ultrasound and said i had gall stones. they hooked me up to morphine, and it went away. they sent me home with a bottle of vicodin but i never got another attack while pregnant.

after i had him they hit me hard! i was getting them every week! i finally had to get my gall bladder removed. the pain was so unbearable the only thing i could do to ease it was take pills. i tried the natural remedies to pass them but they just made me sick to my stomach and never worked.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I did... I got my gallbladder out after i had my son. I would rather go through labor again than have a gallbladder attack. It would hurt so much I would throw up. You can't do much but wait the couple hours until it subsides. You need to go to the doctor and make sure it isn't getting infected, etc. They can take it out when pregnant if it is necessary. If it is infected there can be more problems than the pain right now. Mine was 3 times the size it should have been and filled with stones when they took it out.
    All I could do is foce myself to chug some 7-up or gingerale and burp. I know it sounds weird, but it eased gas or something and there was less pressure. Pain meds can actually make it worse. Don't bother. I took hydrocodone and nothing.
    eliminate greasy foods. eat BLAND! Like plain chicken with plain veggies. Just light. But see the doctor if this persists, to be sure you are ok.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had serious attacks a few years ago, pain meds will do nothing! What works, and i swear to you it will work if you do your best, try not to eat ANY fat. And drink as much 100% Apple juice as you can stand. Apples are a natural way to cleanse the gallbladder and if you eat minimal amounts of fat your gallbladder won't have to work hard. As for sleeping you're SOL. I couldn't hardly lay down for three days when i had my attack. Try sleeping in a recliner and use pillows to prop yourself so you dont hurt. Good luck!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had tht prob too!! Very painfull!! I say more pain then when I had my dd! I had mine removed. But they did tell me to eat stuff with out the fatin it so anyone with attacks can try tht...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wow that is what that was. I would wake up in the middle of the night just wishing someone would swaddle me and pat my back. It was worse than labor. WOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2010