I was accused of being nice...

I went on facebook and a friend of twenty years told me people weren't talking to her; these other people we knew from school.
So I had left a message with one of them earlier and when one of them answered me back my friend of twenty years became upset. I was just being nice, she said. She had expected me to take the other friend, she had problems with, off my facebook friends list.
It really just got to me because I realized she only wanted to talk to me because these other people aren't talking to her. Now she's mad because I am only being nice as she put it.
How do I remain friends with this type of person? How am I only being nice when these people did things to her not me?
I really think she is jealous and wanted me to say some terrible things in order to say things to them.

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 11:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• "just be nice" to her.
    you dont have to be best friends.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• FACEBOOK DRAMA!!!!!! Tell her to grow up! Gosh!!!
    Anonymous

• Thanks, but I blocked her. It seems I had an ultimatum; to not talk to two other people or quit talking to her. I don't know these other people well, but if she is going to be that type of friend I'd rather take my chances without her.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 12:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• And my friends wonder why I don't join Facebook :(
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am sorry but this whole thing made me laugh....I can't believe people take some things so seriously. it sounds like this old friend has some major insecurities.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010