My BF Baby Keeps grabbing My Boob

OMFG it is starting to hurt now
He grabs a handful and opens his hand and then closes it, like an adult would do a stress ball ;)

I have even noticed that when he has his Pacifier and is going to sleep he will do it to my breast, but he prefers TRYING to do that to my face.

This is a habit I want him to break but how? It doesn't happen all of the time, but is it something that he will grow out of or do i hold his arms down while he is feeding?

??

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This same question was asked a few days ago amd there were some really good answers. It is very normal for babies to do this it is comfroting for them to touch skin while feeding. try hold your babies hand, not holding it down but rub his fingers and hand, also a blanket or favorite small stuffed toy works well. They do outgrow it eventually. By the time my BF babies were 2 1/2 they would just rub my arm as they got sleepy while feeding.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wow... must be an epidemic of breastfed boobie crazed babies. This is why I would never breastfeed. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• Put something other than your boobs or your face in his hands. I always gave my little ones my finger or hand to grab onto.
    Anonymous

• or trolls that get a kick out of breast feeding questions
    Anonymous

• Have a blankie handy, and when he goes for your boob stuff some blankie and your finger or thumb into his hand - get him to "worry" the blankie and hold your finger instead.
    Anonymous

• LOL I was thinking of getting a small stress ball LOL

Yeah A Blanket seems more suitable
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I don't have much on an answer, my son does the same thing! It's very painful especially when his nails just keep growing and it's hard to keep up with them! OW! Hope you find an answer. I assume it's something they will outgrow soon enough I thope!
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 11:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• my daughter has one of the little blankie buddies, it's a small blankie with a stuffed animal head, and I give her that. otherwise she tears me up lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010