Did gas drops work for your baby?

I used them with my first baby and they never seemed to do any good, so I never even tried them with any of my other kids after that. Just wondering if they worked well for anyone else.... I have one-month-old twins and one of them has reflux and is really gassy... she is already on Zantac for the reflux but I thought about trying Mylicon again for the gas. Just not sure if it's really worth my $7 since it never worked for us before. LoL.

So I just wanted to know how well it has worked for you all.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I LOVED the Gentle Naturals Tummy Soother. It comes in a green box it has baby pooh bear, baby tigger, and baby piglet on the front. I have never seen it at walmart. Usually Walgreens has it in the baby section and digestion section for adults. It last much longer then the mylicon drops and you can use it more often if you have too. Also if your baby has severe diareha it will help sooth the tummy pain. Another good thing each box comes with a manufacturers coupon for $1 off your next purchas. Another thing that also helped my daughter to fart and with the pain. I sat her in a warm bath up to her chest and massaged her tummy for a few minuets. (i held her the hole time so she didn't slip under) hope you find this helpful!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 6:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It definitely worked for mine!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• For my 1st baby nope they didn't work but, for my 2nd one yes.. they really work wounders.. give it another try. they are kind of expencive considering the small size bottle..
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 11:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• They didn't work for my DD. She has reflux (still gets it once in a while) but never really out grew all the launch puking until 18 months... they never gave us anything for her reflux though - that may have helped. the gas drops didn't help much at all. um... i have been told gripe water- they sell it at walgreens but i have never tried it. also others set a glass of coke (not diet) on the counter for the day- let it lose its carbonation then give that to the baby- some swear by it.... again i have not tried this. all we ended up doing was my husband would lay our DD face down across his hand and underside of forearm and rub and pat her back and she would (lol) belch and fart like crazy then sleep well for a while (but this did cause more spit-up/puking from reflux) alternatively I later found infant massage- try to find an instructor! and they have some massages that work the gas out quick and put baby to sleep! GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It did work for my son, hed take it then fart like no other and be good to go. I have also heard gripe water and little tummies works. Im not so sure i would give my infant soda though...no offense hot rod mama..lol...Also, my doc suggestesd to me that when formula feeding (if you are) to pre make each bottle and let it sit ten minutes before serving it. To let all the bubbles escape :) Good luck!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would try gripe water. It made all of our live 1,000,000 times easier.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• lives*
    acurran88

• They worked for my lil one most of the time....but they don't always help.
    Jaydensmommy829

Answer by Jaydensmommy829 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• first baby so so. second baby 100% couldn't live w/o them!!! i switched to the target brand. they are half the price and work just as well! gl
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2010