For all of you iCarly fans out there......

What is a Hobknocker? All I know is it's illegal and rude.
What does chizz mean? Or is it just a made-up word?
And, anyone else's children interested in Hobos?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We like icarly, I don't see anything wrong with it. Hobknockers was apparently a made-up word til they said it on iCarly and then someone made up a meaning for it that is really bad lol.

chizz has no dictionary results so apparently its not a real word.

And yes lol my DD who is 6 asked what a hobo is. I think the show is just fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• That show is SO annoying.....I wont let my kids watch that crap.
    Anonymous

• I love that show. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• I don't like it, too much disrespect toward teachers and other adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Aha that is kind of funny my kid sister asked me last week what a hobknocker is and she then looked it up on google. Apparently it is something extremely dirty - someone who masturbates in public and a hooker-type of person I do not know but it wasn't suitable for my 11 year old sister to be curious about. STUPID TV!!
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 12:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We like iCarly, but like most things on Nick, it needs to be used to teach what behaviors are okay and which are not. Even Spongebob is rude and obnoxious. Disney is a little safer to watch, but even that channel I find parental supervision is best.

Checking any word on Urban Dictionary is going to be defined as something disturbing. It's a given. If you look at a real dictionary definition hobnocker is not a real word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Once again lol, Hobknocker IS NOT A REAL WORD, they made it up on iCarly and then someone of course made a horrible meaning for it and posted it. You will notice it is not in Websters dicitionary nor is it in dictionary.com lol. It's not a real word!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i only let dd watch it if i am watching it with her, and any thing i see that not appropriate , i turn off! there are very borderline things in there, like one episode there was a curse word, spoken by an adult of course, and i know she hears them all the time from her dady but geez on a nick show!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• a hobo is a homeless street bum
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2010