???

my DS just turned 2 march 20th when will he start head start? or does he even have to go to head start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Head Start is a preschool program. A child can qualify based on developmental need or income. Does a child have to go? I guess it depends on why they qualify and what your personal feelings about preschool are. Age? I'm not sure. For some, early intervention may open up the Head Start preschool program early; however, preschool is traditionally for 3 and 4 year olds.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2010

• You don't have to put your child in anything until Kindergarten. You will have to check what the age requirements are for your state to figure out what age your child should go but no kid is required to go to Head Start. They have Early Headstart which is what your 2 year old would probably go to if you wanted to put your child in it you would have to figure out what the income requirements are for that.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Studies show that the "head start" that they have for Kind. is GONE by 2nd grade. I would check into a different preschool program, if at all possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2010