Do any of you other young moms feel like a total dork?

The other day I realized that my kids, husband, and parents no longer fit in one car. WE go a lot of places together, so I thought "Hey, we should get a mini van" since I"ve been thinking about buying a car soon anyway. WTF? A mini van! I'm 23... and this is what I've become! Now all I need is a "baby on board" sticky and pressed slacks with a matching cardigan. I guess there really is no turning... anybody else feel like the dweeb among your single or childless friends???

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! I'm 22 and no one understands why I have snot on my shirt all the time!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• hahaha...yes, especially on girls night when I excuse myself to "go potty"
    The other day on facebook, I posted that I was excited for Farmers Market to start in the morning and an old friend wrote "WOOOOHOOO farmers market! Im excited for ya buddy!" and it totally made me laugh out loud and realize how NOT cool my son probably already thinks I am. lol...I am 23 too and have considered a minivan.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hey gf,,my ex's mid life crisis had to do with a ford mustang. He traded the mini van in for the mustang as the kids who where on the test drive with hm where screaming how they didnt fit in the back seats. That was 9 yrs ago. I got the mustang in the divorce and now I have teens who barely fit in this car. I really mean that, they hardly fit in this car it is so compact. I will trade you right now,,,your mini van for my mustang. Lets go sister!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hahahaha. That's soooo funny just because I've been looking into the farmer's market in our area too! Gotta get the fresh veggies ya know! And to the first poster...I do that too. With the baby talk. Once my sister and I were going out and for the first time in ages I didn't have a toddler with me. Just a quick bite to eat...anyway...she bumped her legs or something and in a very sing song voice I said "Oh no Mandy...are you alright...did you bump your little leg?" She looked at me like I was a moron and said "Why yes I did...but I'm al-wight now!"
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Blah I don't like minivans for the same reasons, lol I got me a Bronco and love the heck out of it, it fits my family and enough room for one more kid if we decide to have one more.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• LOL I just said we should get a van too, then i thought about it and was like... Whoa.. how about getting a small SUV instead? lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• DEFINITELY!!!! I'm 25, currently 8m preg. with #4 and we just got a minivan this past winter. We've sucessfully loaded all the seats (including me and DH). I feel WAY out of place around my other friends and feel like I can't even relate on the same level....it's frustrating at times to be honest!
    I mean seriously....I'm 25......I'm still young right? But I feel SO OLD with 4 KIDS! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• PS...my mom just bought me that "baby on board" sticker and a "worlds greatest mom"......uuuuuugggggghhhh!!!!1 lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• haha funny stuff. I am 25 and have 6 and 7 year old girls. Yes I feel like a dweeb but it is starting to pass. I have a bright red coupe now that I don't have car seats anymore. I don't carry diapers in my purse anymore either. I considered a mini van at 23ish also, but ending with my sunfire. We will all be living up when we are in our 40s and all the kids are moved out!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I only have 2 boys but we already got the minivan. we were really looking for a small SUV but my FIL decided he would just sell us his old minivan for a reduced price ...really good price AND pay for our car insurance. ...so ...yea. :D
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2010