my neighbor wished me a happy fathers day today, is that sweet or what?

So, I have been raising my kids on my own for 7 yrs now, and my neighbor saw me today and wished me a happy fathers day. I have been the mother and the father for a very long time now to a dd and a ds. I was touched that someone even noticed! Dont bash or I will eat you! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• ive been a single mom for 6 yrs, and this was also my first fathers day when someone wished that to me as well!! lol..it was kinda awesome..i mean, technically we are mom and dad!!!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• pretty neat. as obvious as it may seem, i never would have thought of it - and my mom raised my sister and I on her own as well....so its pretty awesome that people would actually think about it enough to actually wish you both a happy father's day! :-D
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Emjoy your day ma, I sent all single moms a father's day card
    Mz.Burger

Answer by Mz.Burger at 1:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• While I understand what the nice man meant when he did that, the truth is that nobody can take the place of a dad in a child's life. Dad is a person who cannot be replaced nor can he be substituted for. Provision and care will never replace the person dad is supposed to be in the life of a child. When he is gone, there is a hole that nothing or no one else can ever fill. I understand your sentiment and can appreciate that, but children DO need a dad. In many ways, he is more important than is Mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I do not understand where the anon above gets her info, because single moms/dads have been at it for years and doing a much better job than a lot of dads would have done. A mom is 100% more important in a child's life than any father would ever be simply because we are the nurturing ones although every now and again you will find exceptional dads who also do this. But they are rare and few.

Answer by older at 2:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• LOL... that is cute!
    Anonymous

• OP that is great. I grew up with a single mom and she was great. She watched sports with my brother and I(even though she hates football she has a superball party for my brother every year) She taught us everything we know! We did not NEED a dad around we had an awesome mom that would on one hand dress up and have a teat party with me but then go and build something with my brother! Go you momma and HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think there are fathers who are also mothers and mothers who are also fathers and they should get credit where credit is due!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2010