can 14 year old's be gay?

seriously wanting your opinion on this, i'm not so sure I think a 14 year old is equipped to make a decision like that. Questioning sexuality I can understand, but I can't understand being that young and knowing (or deciding) that you are gay.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry - I just read that she's the one interested in the woman, not that the woman is wanting to be with her (I didn't see your last comment, sorry.)

I would talk to her about how inappropriate it is - that 1) the woman in question is too old for her, 2) the woman is not interested in her, so even if the age issue wasn't a factor, this wouldn't work out, and 3) the woman is the mother of her friend, and this will ruin a friendship - even if numbers 1 and 2 weren't an issue, and finally 4) the woman is married and has a family - so, again, even if 1, 2, and 3 weren't an issue, to go down that path would destroy a family and would be way out of line!

I suggest maybe a counselor for the girl, so she can figure out why she wants to be with her friend's mom. She needs to find more appropriate crushes.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Most gay people I know say that they knew much earlier than 14.

I would discourage my child from having any sex at that age, gay or strait would not matter.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't think its a decision, you either are or are not. I think they decide if they want to pretend not to be. And yes, he can be 14 and gay.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think they can. They know who they are.

Playing devil's advocate, how does a 14 year old know they're straight?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• well seeing as you are born with your sexual orientation and you do not decide whether you are gay or straight then yes it is possible. if a 14 year old is gay they have been their whole life
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Playing devil's advocate, how does a 14 year old know they're straight?

good point. i just don't think that most 14 year olds know themselves well enough to figure it out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• At 14 did you have crushes on boys or girls? I had them on guys. I think a 14 year old would know who they were attracted to.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• p.s. I'm asking because hubby's 14 year old sister is telling me she's in love with a 35 year old woman.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Now that is F'd up! Child predators are the same, gay or straight. Someone needs to call the police!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i agree with sleepingbeautee.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010