What should i do when my dd sticks her little finger in her nose?

She doesnt dig around or anything just sticks it up there!

I know she is just finding new things with her body, i dont want her to be picking her nose when she is older, shes only 16 months right now.

Should i just ignore it and it will go away? no big deal?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just tell her that it is yucky and discourage her from doing it, but don' t use the word no. because she is just learning. with my daughter i told her, "eww that's yucky," in a playful tone so she knows she's not in trouble and then take her finger out of her nose.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If I had a nickle for every time I said "get your finger out of your nose" mid sentence I'd be a very rich woman!! ;o) I told my kids to stop, it was gross and now they don't do it so much anymore.... my son still will but I think it's just b/c it's gross and he's a boy!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• just pull her finger out and tell her "no" it can cause sinus infections and nose bleeds and you don't want that so don't ignore it. a firm no a few times will teach her not to
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We relegate nose-picking to the bathroom, with mandated handwashing after.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2010