"i'm nauseous, i'm nauseous..." (rocko's modern life, anyone??)

k, so... here i am, almost 2am, sitting here in the dark... just because i can't lay down! i've had yucky burps all day (rotten egg smelling) and now, whenever i burp, i get that feeling of "i'm gonna puke." i also have heartburn... heartburn+burping=acid risingg... it stinking hurts and i can't lay down! i took a softchew rolaids (i definitely CAN'T do the chalky ones... blah) and it doesn't seem to be helping. now, to add to it, i have an upset stomach... going both ways. it's lovely. I NEED HELP! any advice would be lovely...

*note: i'm a single mom, my girls are asleep, and i don't have much money... any remedies that can be found at home?

gracefulsky

Asked by gracefulsky at 1:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i remember that i'm nauseous character from rocko's modern life, he was so annoying, lol. i would remember that too with my nausea, i cant believe someone else remembered that lol! fresh squeezed orange juice, no milk, n sip it really slowly. oh and lollipops!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• try an icey cold glass of milk!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• isn't milk like... bad to pour onto an already sour stomach, though? i thought i had heard something about that before....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• it worked wonders for me. it puts like a soothing coating on your stomach.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• milk for now to absorb the acid and in the morning get yourself some zantac. i cannot eat anything w/o taking zantac first cause my uterus has pushed my stomach up to where my heart should be haha (35 weeks) but it does work wonders
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• and you're not supposed to drink milk if you have a stomach bug or a cold because throwing it up is chunky and gross and if you have a cold it makes congestion worse but if its acid reflux it absorbs the acid and gives you relief
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Milk should help because calcium is what's in tums, it counteracts the acid. Also, try your damndest to not eat within 3 or 4 hours of when you go to bed. It will give your body time to digest and get the food further down so you don't feel like you've got food in your throat. And salt always soothed my nausea while pregnant. Pickles and chicken noodles soup!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• well, i woke up vomiting... so now i'm pretty sure it's not the GERD... lol. good news though! nothing left in my stomach to vomit! *cough*

i'm 35 weeks, and this is about the time i got sick with the last 2... oi. (had them around 36 and 37 weeks...)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010