not sure what to do here

My hubby's 14 year old sister texts me sometimes and tonight she is telling me that she like likes a 35 year old woman, who is the mom of one of her friends. I have told her that it is wrong, and that she should just tell this woman that is asking why the 14 year old is obsessed with her that she just admires her. Now I'm thinking that I should just tell her to stay away altogether. It just doesn't sound right to me. I told her to tell the woman that she admires her before she said that she was 35 years old. I am of course going to talk with my hubby about this, probably going to tell him to take it to their mom, but is there anything I can say to his sister to discourage her from spending time with this woman? The words "even if she was a man it would be wrong because she's an adult and too old for you" didn't seem to get me anywhere.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• she doesn't need therapy, that woman needs to get a wake up call from the PD about state laws regarding relations with a minor

If it were a man he'd be a pedophile though...pff
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• She's a teenager. Anything you say to try to discourage her will only make her more determined to prove you wrong.

She needs therapy. Now.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Domonique WS Thank you i was just thinking the same thing, This is not this childs fault this is this womens fault and I would take the women right by her head and knock some sence into her. I would be speaking to her father right away. I would not be waiting a moment what so ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• is she lez?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• cuz i think she might be...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Let your husband handle it. This is his sister. He should be the one to bring it to his Mom's attention and let her address it. You've done your part. Anything else could cause family friction.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hubby informed his mom this morning, no clue yet how it will play out. thanks ladies!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010