Would it be weird if I only had an engagement ring and no actual wedding band?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't have a wedding band. I have an antique wedding ring that would look very weird with a wedding band, plus, I think a ring and a band look very old fashioned. It's not stylish, imo.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Well, are u married? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Depends on if you are only engaged or married........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm married and I don't have a wedding band. I don't wear rings so my wedding ring is really simple and the band was just too much, i felt. I love it! So yeah, no I don't think it's weird.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i dont wear my wedding band... i only wear my engagement ring.
    But that is cause i gained weight since we married and my wedding ring doesn't fit anymore. (I got the engagement ring after we were married)
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP here- I'm engaged and we're picking our rings together. The one we like doesn't seem like there is any band that would go well with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i have a problem with rings, for one i'm a size 3.5 which is very tiny and most rings can only be custom made that small, but also no matter what kind of material the ring is made of i always end up getting a rash from it. rings just don't agree with me. personally i want my wedding ring to be a tattoo. in my opinion you never go into a marriage thinking "what if we divorce" imo if there is any doubt in your mind of the marriage lasting forever then you are not marrying the right person and for those reasons my fiance and i will have tattooed claddagh wedding bands
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Honestly, the only people I've met that only had the one were people that haven't gotten married yet. I have seen it the other way - in fact, my dh and I opted to not do an engagement ring (I'm not a big ring person...), so I have a wedding band but no engagement ring.

But, just because it's not something that a lot of us have seen before doesn't mean that it's not possible. After all, it's a symbol of the marriage, so if the symbol doesn't mean anything to you, then there's no point in stressing over it.

Pick what you both like and want to do as far as your own marriage goes. But be prepared that a lot of people, when you first meet them especially, might be a little confused seeing you wearing an engagement ring with no wedding band, but saying you're married. As long as you won't mind clearing up any confusion, it's not that big a deal :-)

congrats on the upcoming wedding, btw :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I've got a band, but only because my engagement ring came with a wedding band. I don't think I would have bothered to get one had it not come as a set.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No, not weird at all but tell your man not to get upset if other men still hit on you thinking you are single!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2010