how do i get my son to stop a hapit of taking mony from us

he gets mad

kaynana

Asked by kaynana at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Too bad if he gets mad! I don't know how old he is or the circumstances... but if he is stealing from you...Get him mad!! He would be plenty mad with me...when I started hocking his stuff to repay what he took from me. He is only doing it because He can. Don't let him. Sorry for the tough love response but sometimes it is the answer. take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Um... say NO! You are the mom, you are the boss. Depending on his age, make him get a job or work around the house for money.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 10:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• you're the one that needs to be mad! he needs to learn so do what yo ugot to do to teach him that stealing is wrong! you are the parent!
    sarahmarie85

Answer by sarahmarie85 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• How old is he. If he is old enough to steal maybe a visit with a local police officer or judge can wake him up. Teach him not to steal now will keep him out of jail tomorrow.
    AnneZbeth

Answer by AnneZbeth at 11:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• by making him work for it and moving the place were you keep the money and if his room isn't clean you take money away from him
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Mommascoocoo is right. Pawn his things to get the money back and see how he likes it!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Punch him in his ass. Are you more concerned with the money being taken or him being mad? YOu only need to solve one of these problems. Let him be mad and I agree with Annezbeth, let him have a visit from the police, no matter what his age is. Kids are killing people now adays, discipline him while he's young.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• When my son was 6 years old, he took 5.00 off my bedroom dresser. I asked my daughter, she said no, then I asked my son, he said no. I told the both of them to sit in the living room while I called the police to have them take finger prints, which would tell me who stole. My son started crying saying, "I don't want to go to jail mom. I won't ever do it again, I promise." and he never did. I scared the pants off him.
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 12:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2008