do you believe in the belly button timer?

that its like a turkey timer, it pops when it's done. i never did but i'm almost 36 weeks and my belly button has become convex, not popped, but it used to be an innie and its rounded outward. i'm thinking it will be popped within 2 weeks. so do you believe in this myth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no.. you even just said MYTH helloooO!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• myths have been confirmed. i mean i guess it depends on the size of the woman as well. i think a skinnier woman would pop like that cause she has less skin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• LOL that is so cute I never looked at it that way...lol
    I remember onetime a friend of ours saying this to his wife...lol he put his finger right on the outie and said... NOBODY MOVE OR I'LL BLAST THIS PLACE I thought that was funny & cute.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• lol I think it is just a myth. My belly button never popped out with my first. I have a really deep belly button though, it got pretty close though. I think it really has to do with body frame too and how deep your belly button is to begin with.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't believe in that I believe when the oven is bundle of joy is done cooking then the juice will flow and the oven will shut down. The baby is the only one that knows when s/he is ready to be done cooking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• if a myth was proved correct then it is not a myth

–noun
    1.
    a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
    2.
    stories or matter of this kind: realm of myth.
    3.
    any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
    4.
    an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.
    5.
    an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I was pretty small when I got pg with my ds, and I was bigger when I got pg with my dd (my ds was 6 mos old, so I wasn't back fully into shape).

This didn't happen with me with either kid.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No....my cousin is only 4 months pregnant and her belly button has already 'popped'!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Pregnant or not, mine never pops...lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Only the top half of my belly button popped and that was around 35 weeks. It looked silly.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010