dh and drinking please help

Me and dh have been together over 5yrs and we have a 2yr old son.
i dont know what has gotten in to him since our son was born
he always has drank, but its getting worse. yes he does keep a job and pays the bills there has been one week he blew his whole paycheck at the bar, but we got them paid
im a sahm, wanting and talking to people to go back to school.. but dh's drinking is driving me crazy i dreed weekends, this past week he drank 4 days sometimes just a couple but then get really drunk, hes fine when hes drinking at home but he doesnt really want to do that anymore, when he gets around people he is a ass, im afraid to say anything b/c we will fight then he takes off and comes home drunk.. im sick of it.. hes a great guy when he isnt drinking or when hes drinking at home.
one night he was drunk two days straight didnt go to sleep well when he woke up i was mad and he told me all i do is bitch b/c he drinks continu

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• and told me he wanted a divorce, well we worked threw it.. and now when he drinks and i get upset he says i thought you were going to quit bitching about it.. and im like im sick of it and if you want a divorce u know where the door is and we start fighting and he leaves and gets drunk then comes home like nothing happened.
    i love him so much but his drinking is tearing me up, i dont want my child around a drunk.. if i leave and get a divorce im afraid what could happen when my son sees his dad b/c he cant give up beer now why would he on his visitations
    i dont really want to leave i have no money nothing and i really do love my husband
    what would u do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I wish I could help u but I can only say to u is keep it all in a private book, u don't know when u might need it.
    Write to him in a mail but (if u can) save yourself a copy. Tell him how u feel, allow him to reply, take pic's of him drunk (that he won't know) cameras will now show dates these days. Plan for a Divorce but hope for a miracle too!

Do waht ever it takes to do the best for your child!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Write to him, lave him a note, let him respond, gt a copy of his stupid responds, it will help you to win custody of your child.
    Keep record of his f*****ups!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• When i was reading this i felt like i couldve been the one writing this down to everylast detail....i just went through this with my husband, i ended up leaving and going 4000 miles away to my moms for a month out of the blue one weekend when he was on one of his drinking binges. Told him i was not going to come back unless his drinking stopped and stayed at my moms for a month to give him a chance to see what his life would be like without me and our 2 yr old son there. He decided his family was worth more than his drinking and i came home after a month. Now its eiether he dosnt drink at all and gets to keep his family or we leave for good. Its only all or nothing because once he starts he dosnt stop. So far hes chosen us. PM me if you want, ive been through this too =(
    ErinPritt

Answer by ErinPritt at 5:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• call the cops when he leaves & have them arrest him for drunk driving. He'll have to stop drinking & they'll probably take his license away. OR, file for a divorce yourself. Use it as leverage. This will show him how serious you are. He probably thinks you are too scared to do something like that.

He needs to learn some tough love, that is the only way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You should prepare for being a single mom.not that it will be that way.But you have to be able to provide for you and your child.After you get a job, make him choose alchohol or his family.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010