Is this ok to do? or will i be punished?

A guy friend of mine is really into church and god and doing anything and everything for others. He doesnt care about money and will give his last dollar to someone. He says god provides him with everything he needs and more. I recently separted from my longterm boyfriend and lost my job. Im going to have to leave my house and move in with my grandparents because i cant afford it. My friend is offering to pay my utilities, phone bill , gas , anything and everything i need. I feel bad for taking his money and NOT paying him back. Should i just do it since its something that he really wants to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you planning on getting another job? I don't personally think its right to take his money without any intention of paying him back. He's doing this to help you, but that doesn't translate into him being taken advantage of. There will come a day when you're back on your feet and supporting yourself, you can make an effort then to begin paying him back.

To be honest I'm not sure on the punishment factor, but this is a moral issue. Best of luck to you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I personally wouldn't take his money.  You have other options and taking his money would be taking advantage of him. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am a firm believer in 'what comes around goes around'. It's a responsibility to accept generousity, will you be able to pass it on when your situation improves?
    highestshelf

Answer by highestshelf at 7:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If it's being offered and he realizes you can't pay him back and might not ever be able to, I think once would be ok. The thing is it can easily become a habit. It only takes care of the immediate situation which will rear it's ugly head again next month. You're probably better off staying with family for now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Just because someone offers doesn't mean you have to accept. It's a very kind offer, but personally if you have other options, I would use them first.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You could give yourself a 1 month limit and maybe that way you will be given help but its not taking advantage of him.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It's purely up to you. Do what you feel is right. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• God does provide but is this guy truly giving because he wants to or are there strings attached. I wouldn't take it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• as long as you have other options then i wouldnt take it. He may be able to help someone that has no other options to draw on and then you would be taking from them.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2010