Who has insomnia and/or just doesn't sleep between 12am and 8am???

I have the worst anxiety. It makes it so hard for me to sleep at night, and even during the day sometimes.
Am I alone?

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've had bouts of insomnia off and on all my life, but its been about 8 months now that I haven't been able to sleep. There are days I'm up for 36 hours, easily. I hate it because I wind up grouchy with my kids, but I just can't make my mind settle down enough that I can rest. Nights where I lay there for hours, eyes closed, body still, and I just won't sleep. OTC sleep aids do help, but I'm worried about becoming addicted so I try not to rely on them too much. You're definitely not alone in this.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• my boyfriend is at work for one more hour and i have horrible insomnia just because i can''t sleep w/o him next to me
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• That's how it is for me too normaly, hubby usually works graves but he's here tonight and I just can't sleep...
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• when i was a teenager i had insomnia like yours ginger. it was horrible because i would be too tired to do anything but i couldn't shut my mind up so i ended up taking 3 or 4 different kinds of sleeping pills to knock me out so i could sleep. i did that for about 4 years. it may not have been healthy but i was too desperate to care. insomnia is damn near unbearable
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i know what u guys mean, i still go through insomnia and i'm pregnant and have a very tiresome daughter. sometimes i just dont know what it takes to put me out, lol i used to always be afraid if i underwent surgery i'd be the person to wake up in the middle since i get up from anything n it takes a whole lot to put me to sleep. try kicking back on the coffee, that seemed to help me out. i wouldnt sleep so i'd be more tired during the day and want to drink more, but when i forced myself to cut down, it eventually made things alot better, have just one cup in the morning or noon, not even afternoon, and thats it, it wasnt easy i was addicted, but it made my nights much easier. i hate insomnia!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We have free medication from the military, and I know that some people cant afford this, but I get Lexapro for anxiety, and Ambien for night time, and during pregnancy they switch me to prozac and Ambien only wjen nessacary (which is not at all ) But I have found that you caffeine intake will affect this greatly too! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• me! I have been staying up all night and sleeping all day which is TERRIBLE because dh works all day!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Oh, my god me!!! I can't sleep some nights because of pain in my lower back., am up at 1-4am tossing and turning , have to watch tv to fall back to sleep!!! then during the day Im sleepy its really horrible!!! Help!!!
    lovekids48

Answer by lovekids48 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have been like that for years but it`s worst for me because hubby works to ; am use to ncome nhomefrom ndropping angels off at school and napping with him but not schools out for nsummer will be gouchy but they understand
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 9:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010