Should i do this?? OR bad idea?? PLZ HELP!

A guy friend of mine is really into church and god and doing anything and everything for others. He doesnt care about money and will give his last dollar to someone. He says god provides him with everything he needs and more. I recently separted from my longterm boyfriend and lost my job. Im going to have to leave my house and move in with my grandparents because i cant afford it. My friend is offering to pay my utilities, phone bill , gas , anything and everything i need. I feel bad for taking his money and NOT paying him back. Should i just do it since its something that he really wants to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like something that would really weigh on your conscience

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You have to understand the concept of giving in a case like this. God will bless him for giving you the money and if you do not take the money then you have cheated him out of God's blessing for him. So, take the money and just say thank you. God will pay him back for you. It's a win win situation. No guilt, no owing him. The debt is paid for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Admckenzie, that's ridiculous. To take this person's money would be taking advantage of him and his belief system. The OP should stand on her own two feet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms- It sounds like something that is really going to weigh on your conscience. If it is going to nag at you that much, I would say don't do it.
    Good luck.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think it all depends. Will him helping you allow you to stay where you are long term or is it just going to delay you moving back in w/ your grandparents? If its going to keep you where you are then accept his help & pay it forward, if he won't let you pay him back take the $ you would've repayed him w/ & help someone else in need. Find a family that's struggling & pay a bill or 2 for them. If its just going to delay you moving back in w/ your grandparents then don't accept it, the outcome is still the same & IMO a waste of $ for you to stay for just one month.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It is okay to take the gift, but donnot overuse his kindness! He wants to do this for you, but he also can feel unappreciated! I am alos a giver, and I understand his theory, but please sont do something if it doesnt feel right to you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Set up a payback timeline for him to get his money back. Leave it up to him what he does with the money after you repay him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• This just sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I could understand maybe helping with A bill or a lump sum of money but this just seems over the top. If it were me, no I just couldn't do it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• im not too sure...even though God has his life planned out for him and God is all he needs, those are just words...i would natually think that people who have accepted God in thier life, still need to live the way eveyone else lives. its got to be some sort of stage he's going through...not accepting God part but throwing his money away. He might regret it later while he's accepting God because he knows God cant provide the money he gave to you. i would pass it up. sounds like a good deal but even if you plan to pay him back...its going to be one heck of a struggle to get him to accept your payback.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Its a gift he wants to give. Don't turn him down. God will provide for him. Sounds like a GREAT MAN!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2010