How long did you have to wait for a first time schedule with a DevPed for an evaluation?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 5:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• When I first made the appointment for my son, there was a six month wait between when I made the appointment and when it was scheduled, but I also made sure to get on the cancellation list, so ended up only waiting two weeks before we got in because I was able to take an appointment at the last minute.

My suggestion to you would be to do the same thing if you can - ask to be put on a cancellation list or, if they don't keep a cancellation list, ask if it is okay for you to call every day to see if there have been any cancellations. Sometimes just asking if you can call often will get you an appointment sooner. And if you do get on a cancellation list, make sure you can take the appointment when it's offered, because if you turn it down, you go to the bottom of the list.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010