Do you have lymphnodes in your chest?

I felt 3 prominent lumps in my chest last night. They are above my breasts and below my collar bone. They are tender, do not move, and are very hard? I also have a lump in my breast that I was supposed to have a mammogram done on it, but the radiologist wouldn't do it on me because I am so young. Should I worry about these new lumps now? I have also lost 46 lbs in the past 4 months. Even though I have been exercising, I am not beginning to think something else might be happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• umm i dont really think so, i think there are 2 in the neck and under the arm pits but im not sure about chest or anything. i too have a small lump on the side of my boob, you can see it, it only hurts if i squeeze the wrong way and i have had it examined and they said it was nothing but probably a fat pocket! i just felt all around my chest though and cant feel any nodes
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes. you have lymph nodes in many places in the body. There are alot of them in the breast, chest, neck and arm pit areas. Look on WebMD or search lymph nodes.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Here are where your lumph nodes are located.

http://www.greenlife-herbal.com/imgs/body_builder/lymph_location/lymph_node_in_human.gif

Sound like the lymphatic ducts and thoracic lymph nodes are inflammed--meaning fighting infection.  Have you had strep throat recently or respiratory illness? Do you smoke?  That could be the reason. Regardless, you should see your doctor to rule out anything more seriously--especially if you've never felt lumps like this before (in such locations).

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yes, there are lymphnodes in your chest, they're all over your body.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• it may not be your lymoh nodes, usually when a lymph node is swollen, you can move it around.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes, it could be your lymph nodes. They could be reacting to an infection or allergies, stress, etc. Considering that you have lost a lot of weight recently (were you trying to?) and there is a lump in your breast, I would at least call the doctor to be sure. If you start noticing more, go in. I have reactive nodes in my neck, armpits, and hip area; last time I had them checked the doctor told me that if I noticed more popping up, either around the ones I already have or in new places, I should come back in.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Honey, there are lymph nodes all over your body, and I don't want to alarm you, but when those around your clavicle are swollen and hard, it is something that you should have checked out ASAP. Like, in the next few days. My son had a worrisome lymph node in his neck and saw a specialist who gave me this info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• The fact that they do not move is also not good. The weight loss too, could be connected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You sure do, there are lymph nodes all over your body. I had a really sore one when I was 16 and I swore I had breast cancer or lymphoma. Thankfully I didn't, but you NEED to get checked out just in case. DEMAND a mammogram, find a doctor that will do it if your regular one refuses. There are a lot of things it could be, good luck!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am a breast cancer survivor, and I would like to encourage you to see if you can find a place near you to have a thermograph done. It is painless and safe, and will help to set your mind at ease. All young women should monitor their breasts with themography. It has given me such peace of mind. This could be thyroid issue too. More than likely, you are iodine deficient. Lack of iodine causes the thyroid to act up, and tender breast tissue. I cannot believe the difference I feel since going on iodine. I recommened a book called "Iodine, why you need it and why you can't live without it" by Dr. David Brownstein. Check out my website if you need more links www.preventcanswers.org
    Pecanz

Answer by Pecanz at 11:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010