13 month old wakes at 11:00 p.m. then wont go back to his crib to sleep

My little one has set a new alarm clock. He is asleep in his crib at 8:00 p.m. every night, then nearly 11:00 p.m. on the dot he will wake up crying and won't go back to sleep unless he comes to be with me. As soon as I put him in bed with me he is back asleep. When I try to put him back in his crib he wakes up as soon as I lay him down. I have been keeping a log for a week now and he is taking 2 one hour naps a day then sleeping from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. So I think he is getting enough sleep. If you have had a baby that has done this and can tell me what you did to break the habit I would love some advice. We did the CIO back at 9 months and within a week he was sleeping great. Also- I don't think he is teething, and I know he is full and dry when he goes to bed. Please help! Thanks

mamaof2becka

Asked by mamaof2becka at 8:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He wants Mommy. Just bring him in bed with you and everyone will get sleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Some day you will miss having a sweet baby to snuggle. Enjoy your little one!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hello There,

My daughter did the same thing and I told my doctor that she wasn't sleeping good and he said to let her cry herself back to sleep, and that worked very well for me. I loved snuggling with my little girl bug I couldn't sleep when she was in the bed so she had to go back to her bed. It only took her two nights and she has been sleeping all night now. She goes to bed around 8 and gets up around 8. She only takes one nap and its about an hour and a half. I hope this help Good Luck!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I learned that you have to not put them to sleep so early. You have to start alot later then work your way earlier. Try keeping him awake until 11pm and then after he has been sleeping and staying in his crib. Then move it to 10 pm and so on. I read this somewhere when DS was born and I did that and he sleeps through the night every night. 8 pm is good for kids going to school. I think it is hard for them to sleep because we are still awake. If you are a stay at home mom then you dont have to wake too early. He can sleep until 9 am. This may work for you. I know some mamas put kids to be early and they wake up like they had a nice nap. (3hrs is a nap). Try it and see if it works. If you give him naps everyday also you have to calculate the total amount of hours he sleeps each day. Maybe he is sleeping to much. I dont know the proper hours they need everyday.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010