My 1 yr old son had a high temp (103.7) for about 24 hours, its normal now (with the help of tylenol), do I still need to bring him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's only normal with the help of Tylenol, I would take him to the doctor today. The reason is...if he has a bacterial infection such as strep throat, he's going to need antibiotics....or any other bacterial infection for that matter. If it's viral, you may have wasted a little money, but you will have the peace of mind that he's going to be ok and that it's not going to develop into something worse.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't unless he has other symptoms. If the meds no longer keep it under control, then I would take him in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If it goes back up when the Tylenol wears off I would call the doctor. See what he says. Motrin works better and lasts longer for my kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would at least call the doctor's office to see what he/she says. Most of the time, if their were no other symptoms, she will just tell us it should pass but if it continues, call back to get him in. If he just got shots sometimes they can give him a fever. If there is something going around they will be able to tell you and they may be able to tell you over the phone if there is something else you can do.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2010