How to do better with Kinship Programs

Ten years ago I stop working and going to school in order to take in my two sister-in-law six kids and the state promise to help out financially with them and then just left me in a jam. I just recently sent the kids back to there mothers and now I am in finance trouble and don't know how I am going to pay my bills and nor can I find a job. I am stressed out and feeling depress. How can I get the government to change there rules when you take in someone else kids. I feel like I am going crazy.

adams-theresa

Asked by adams-theresa at 8:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• What state? In TX, they either started last January or will start in January 2011 paying for kinship care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I'm raising my 2 grandchildren & when we were going thru the whole custody thing the lady from childrens services told me that we were eligible for the kinship help too, would of been $1000 for each child, well don't you know by the time all was said and done and we had full legal custody the program was out of money. The kids were also eligible for the ELI program which paid for all the daycare, guess what, that program is no longer..so yes they need to do something to help us out..we still have our grandchildren and always will but things are really tight.
    oosgrandma

Answer by oosgrandma at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2010