question about breast possibly leaking...

when I was pregnant with my first my breast started leaking I think about 20 wks along. I'm 18 wks along now and starting to notice dried yellow white stuff on my nipples and in the inside of them but I don't see any leakage anywhere on anything. I noticed this one other time on just my right nipple at like 15 wks but it was shortly after my hubby and I were intimate and he was playing with them. So I told him don't cause I think they are leaking now. Well they didn't so he did yesterday morning and when i went to take a shower last night there was dry yellow white stuff on both nipples and he only messed with one, what does this mean?? This mean I need to buy pad for them now I didn't run into this with my first pregnancy? I have also been getting this stinging sensation that's been going down my breasts to my nipple for the past couple of days to anyone else experience any of this. I didn't with my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every prgnancy is quite different so things will sometimes happen differently with the first. My friend and I were preggo at the same time and I was two months farther along than she was and she started leaking a while before I did. Nothing to worry about.
    Jaydensmommy829

Answer by Jaydensmommy829 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• That dry, yellow white stuff is colostrum. Each pregnancy is different in how much you leak, if at all. It can be clear, or it can be yellow. I can pretty much gurantee that if you squeezed on the nipple like you're milking it, you'll get some yellowish-clear fluid.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 11:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010