How well do you think a yard sale will do on July 1st and 2nd, before the 4th holiday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think alot of people travel, so you might not get as many as you would on another weekend,, I would do it the weekend after,, everyone will be home and looking for things to do!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• With the right type of advertising, it's a great idea! I would advertise it on Craigslist and your local paper about being a HUGE July 4th Yard Sale! Maybe wear red, white and blue. Sounds like fun!!

I did one Memorial Day Weekend, because we have the 100 mile yard sale going on that weekend. It was fantastic. It was so busy!!

Good luck!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We had one last year on that weekend and did GREAT! We're in a heavy tourist area so we had plenty of people coming to the area for a 4 day weekend. Well, they don't always want to be boating or at the carnival. We were constantly busy!

The only pitfall was that we just didn't have enough area for parking. People were parked up and down the highway for 1/4 mile and it could have gotten dangerous but thankfully there were no accidents.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Doing it on the 2nd is better then continue on 3rd. Do remember a lot people get paid at the beginning of the month..

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010